You might have come across many a reputed blog who imparts careful advice to make your small business website successful. In order to rank comparatively well in the SERP you have to adopt the proper SEO techniques. Big companies do have big budgets for their SEO, but small business owners cannot adopt such a large budget.
Does that mean small business owners will resent the use of SEO? Just because SEO is expensive, they will leave their own share of online profits. Legendary Whitetails, Dog Pack Snacks, Chocolate for Breakfast is some well-known small businesses that have earned both name and fame with proper SEO. Do you think that they had big budgets in the beginning?
No, they never had that most were actually home-based or family owned business. Take for example The Chicken Chick at Egg Carton Labels by ADozenGirlz, a retailer of chicken egg carton labels. Imagine how the owner made it popular.
However, we are taking help of SMO (social media optimization) but having a proper SEO will let you get a pull towards the SMO platforms in a better way.
So let me share some exciting SEO tips to make your small business a well-known brand among the competitors.
Here We Go. Fasten Your Seat Belt, 100 Tips Comes Ahead!
Wait! 100 in one day, no chance. I am going to share the list in four parts for better accuracy and application in your daily life.
Today take a sip of 25 SEO tips for your small business website!
1. Do SEO Regularly - Are you doing SEO? NO (how shocking!). If you do not do it then the website will have no visitors from the search engines.
2. Stress on the Key Phrases - Focus on the search of new key phrases, which we call the long tail keywords. Find those keywords that are relevant to your business.
3. Use Both On-Page and Off-Page Optimization - Achieve better results by doing both on-page and off-page SEO.
4. Chuck Out Competitors Phrases - Keep a close eye on the keyword and phrases your competitor is using and try to set a different set of keyword to make your approach unique. This will let you rank higher than the competitors.
5. Simple and Navigable Website – You have to retain a clean and simple small business website. Choose a search-engine friendly CMS. This allows the search engine crawlers to rank and index pages, makes the site attractive, navigable and encourages them to stay longer and click through.
6. Which Keywords Sets the Competition on Fire? – Search for the sites that are ranking in the first page of the popular search engines like Goggle, Bing, and Yahoo. Look which keywords are helping them to enjoy such an ensuing position, use them on-site and off-site to climb the summit.
7. Similar SEO Strategy May Not Work For You – An SEO strategy that has worked for one website may not work for you, since two websites have many variables to face.
8. Expensive SEO Does Not Always Brings Results – Yes, people if you are a small business owner, then it is obvious that you are having a small budget. To get big and genuine result one does not need to have a big budget. You need to invest your precious time in creating good content and building online relationship.
9. Share Information through Web Channels – Submit the information of your website content like articles and blogs to web directories, online groups, forums etc to increase the site relevance.
10. SEO Results Are Not Instantaneous – If you expect that if you start SEO from today, you will get a big bag of benefit by tomorrow, well then let me tell you it is not the way SEO works. It follows the Aesop’s Moral Lessons “Slow and Steady Wins the Race”. SEO work done today may accredit you by upcoming week or months.
11. Grow Your Patience – Is your website new? Then it is tough to build the SEO relationship faster. To develop both authority and trust you have to grow your patience.
12. Get Serious With the MetaTags - Make sure that MetaTags reflects the keywords and phrases of your site content, so that it becomes easily navigable and ranks higher in the SERPs.
13. Algorithm Updates – As search engines evolves out most of the time, so get conscious and adapt to the algorithm updates to retain the good rankings.
14. Get Experts Advice – Guys this is serious, when you think to make something constructive you have to seek expert’s opinion. Check out the Webmaster Guidelines and Webmaster Help Videos for reference, after you begin your small business SEO.
15. Title Tags Reflecting Your Business - Make sure to use those kinds of title tags that reflects the insight of your business and match with the key phrases. Keep the title tags within 70 characters.
16. Risking Your Goggle Penalties – Will you like your website to face the Google Penalties? Of course not, if you become a target them you will encounter a huge loss of visitor to your site.
17. Optimize the Location – It is important from the day you start SEO for your website. Local SEO helps to bring business closer and relevant to your market targeting those people who have high chances of conversion.
18. Google Places and Google Maps – Make sure that you have your own claim to the Google Places Listing and a Google Map Listing for your small business website.
19. Start Using Google Webmaster Tools – To finds out what keywords helps your website to rank and, which other sites links to your websites.
20. Start Using Google Analytics – In order to find out how many visitors comes to your website daily, the keywords they use daily to search your website, what pages they visit, for all this you need to start using Google Analytics.
21. Diversify the Traffic Source – Google is an exciting source of traffic generation but if you rely on it by 100% then there are chances to fall in a vulnerable state.
22. Compelling Content is All You Need – Writing content on specific keywords id good, but with search engine crawlers are getting updated. They like to index pages with informative contents. Lower the keyword density to avoid being tagged as spam. Quality content is able to engage the larger audience.
23. Register Yourself with Major Search Engines- In some parts of United States, Canada, most of Europe and some parts of Asia Google registers a website after they get a postcard from the various website to register it. If your business is not on this location, then find out what are the major search engines in your country and get registered.
24. You are Solely Responsible for All Actions on Your Website – Search Engine won’t exempt you from a penalty, since you were not aware or you were not knowing the specifications. The website is yours, and the SEO strategy implemented must be known to you.
25. Your Website is Never Finished – As soon as you start getting high ranks in the SERPs do not stop improving your website. Keep on implementing new and exciting feeds to let it improve in the upcoming days. Thus retaining higher page rank in the search engines.
Huh, it’s just 25, and more 75 to go. Hold your breath till we come up with the next set of 25 SEO tips.